Yerevan Hotels

Republic Square

 The Armenian government house is a polygon with a courtyard. One of the sides of the polygon is oval, with the main entrance facing the eastern part of the square. The House of Ministries is located symmetrically on the western side of the square. The formation of the architectural complex of the square was completed with the construction of the Armenia Hotel building in 1950, with the simultaneous reconstruction of the Communications House building. Large arched portals and individual, subtle decoration highlight the uniqueness of these buildings.

Many manuscripts are of great artistic value - “Msho Charntir” (“Mush Collection”), the largest Armenian manuscript, which weighs about 28 kg, and the church calendar of 1434. Armenian manuscripts are rich in miniature images. The paints used in the miniatures were obtained only from natural dyes, and therefore over time they did not fade or lose their original freshness and brightness. Red dye - “vordan karmir”, was obtained from the root worm - cochineal, common in the Ararat Valley. It was exported to different countries of the world and is still known in the vocabulary of artists as carmine. Matenadaran is not only a museum, but also a major research center. Not far from Matenadaran there is a large library where research work is carried out.